CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE!

Finally, we have been able to finish the bathroom/ bedroom remodel we've been working on since last Thanksgiving! We tore out the linen closet that ate up the tiny 8X6 vanity room. Look to the opposite side of the sinks, there is a tall armoire where the linen closet used to be only allowing 1 foot of space between it and the old vanity. We also tore out the all in one shower and tub to replace it with a tub deeper tub, tile, and a glass shower door. NO MORE NASTY SHOWER CURTAIN! Since we removed the solid 8 foot long double vanity and replaced it with 2 pedestal sinks, I decided to build a ledge out from the wall with access panels to the plumbing behind it. This added additional counter space. The funny thing is, with the ledge, we have more counter space than we did with a solid counter top. Jon and any contractor I explained this to thought I was crazy. This bathroom is so beautiful now, it's like walking into a 1930's Hollywood resort, we appreciate it everyday. And more important than beauty is the funcionality. It is much more user friendly now.


BubbleShare: Share photos - Lead Free Toys


To add additional storage to the bathroom and the bedroom, as well as an aesthetic storage unit for media, I built a built in cabinet/bookshelf in the master bedroom. It was an awkward, blank space with little room for furniture before. Now we store all extra bathroom items, linens, clothes, books, TV, and all other components, and the main shelves are used for decoration. It is soooo nice to have! It about killed me in the process, but all I did was take prefabricated kitchen cabinets as the base, added extra trim for style, placed a solid wood counter, added wood supports, and crown molding. I had some glass shelves made, installed surge protectors, under cabinet and in cabinet lighting. Done, another value added to our house and our lifestyle!

No comments: